Welcome to Ironhorse Physical Therapy and Pilates, where we take a “whole-istic” approach to physical therapy in San Ramon, CA! You are taking the first step towards achieving a balanced body and optimized athletic performance.
While we are located in San Ramon, we help residents of Pleasanton, Dublin, Danville, Alamo, Castro Valley and the surrounding tri-valley and East Bay area to stay fit, active and mobile by offering highly personalized one-on-one services. We even have clients that come to us from Oakland, Lafayette, San Jose and San Francisco!
Whether your favorite activity is running, Cross-Fit, competing in triathlons or playing with your kids or grandkids, we understand the demands that energy-filled interests take on your body.
From the moment you walk in, you will see and feel the authenticity and awareness of a team of health specialists who “walk-the-talk” and want to help you live life optimally.
Congratulations for taking the first step toward a balanced body and optimized athletic performance! We help people stay fit, active and mobile by offering highly personalized 1 on 1 services with a "whole-istic" approach so that you can participate in the activities you enjoy most (whether it’s run, crossfit, triathlon or playing with kids/grandkids). We “walk the talk” and understand the demands of your life and/or sport better than anybody else.
Physical Therapists now serve the role as primary care givers for musculoskeletal injury in CA. This means you can see a PT directly, or without a prescription, whenever your “back goes out” or you experience hip/shoulder/knee pain, etc. This helps you to move away from going to your physician to only leave with a drug prescription that masks the real issue. Save yourself the time and money and join us as a safe and natural resource to improve your body and health. You do NOT need a prescription to see a Physical Therapist however, you *MAY* need a prescription from a doctor, nurse practitioner or chiropractor in order to be reimbursed by your insurance. It’s best to check before your first appointment or play it safe and ask your doctor for one.
Although we don't bill your insurance company directly on your behalf, we provide you everything you need to get reimbursed by your insurance. Getting reimbursed is as simple as filling out a one page form and attaching our "superbill" with all the necessary codes. Please contact your insurance company or logon to their website to find out "how to file a claim". And because we spend an hour of our undivided attention dedicated to you, it is generally more time efficient and cost effective to choose us rather than going to a "factory or mill" type of practice that "takes your insurance". This is especially true if you have a high-deductible plan or have a copay of $30 or more!. You can also use pre-tax dollars by paying with a Flexible Spending Account/Health Savings Account (FSA/HSA) for even more savings.
Calculating out of pocket expense is simple:
1) Check if you have met your health insurance deductible. Like your car insurance, you must 1st pay the deductible before your insurance will cover any services. Many people do not spend their deductible wisely. At Ironhorse PT we focus on only you for the entire hour. Practices that divide their attention between 2-3 patients an hour many times will still charge your deductible for the entire hour. This kind of PT model provide less quality and under qualified aides or assistants to meet the high turn around. At Ironhorse PT we are dedicated to our patients and provide our undivided attention to you and your health for the entire hour. 2) Check with your insurance to see what your coverage is for an “out-of-network” physical therapist. We are considered “out of network” because we’ve opted out of making a contract with insurance companies. We believe in treating our clients the way you deserve to be treated and we don’t want to be limited by what the insurance company says we’re “allowed” to do. If you have a PPO, it may cover 80% of a PT visit. This would equate to each Ironhorse Visit being $30 ($120 reimbursed by your provider when purchasing a 10 pack). $30 for an hour of undivided attention dedicated to helping you achieve your goals is a great deal! It's an even better value when you purchase one of discounted "plan of care" packages! For comparison, a typical massage or personal training session can cost you at least $80-$100+. Our prices are competitive with other practices in the area, but we are able to offer higher quality services and more time spent with each client. This ensures the best care and value for your money.
Click here to Request an Appointment or Inquire about Cost and Availability:
At Ironhorse Physical Therapy and Pilates Inc., we provide the following:
- Physical Therapy Evaluation and Treatment
- Manual Therapy: Soft tissue massage, Joint mobilization, Active Release Technique(ART), Myofascial Release, IASTM utilizing The Edge Tool (similar to Graston), Myofascial Decompression/Cupping
- Pilates, Kettlebells and TRX personal training, duet and small group training (2-3 people)
- Sports Performance Enhancement
- Injury Assessment and Prevention
- Running Gait Analysis and Re-training